Friday, January 31, 2014

Training.

so today I missed school, but for a good reason! Instead of doing normal paperwork like always, there was a training today for the counselors at a charter school in Manchester Square so I decided to accompany my mentor aka my mother. The training wasnt focused on improving interaction with the client, but it was more of a chance for the counselors to debrief their experiences and give feedback. When I first got there, they were separated into groups and were told to answer a certain number  of  questions relating to their job and the company and to not be scared  to open up and be as honest as possible.  I was grouped with a mental health counselor, a parent counselor, a bed side counselor who offered services to teens who had been terribly injured in a gang related accident,  and  a counselor who dealt with teens who were heavily involved in gangs.  The stories these people told me were unbelievable and crazy but really gave me good insight on what they have to endure every single day.
It was a good experience.
                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment