Thursday, January 9, 2014

Blog 11: Mentorship 10 Hours

Content:

1.   Where are you doing your mentorship?
SEA Charter School in Pomona.

2.   Who is your contact?
Isabel Godoy.

3.   How many total hours have you done (total hours should be reflected in your mentorship log located on the right hand side of your blog like your WB)?   
I've done 13 hours as of today.

4.   Summarize the 10 hours of service you did.
On my first day there I got a tour of the entire school and office. After that, most of my hours came directly from working in the office. The counselors have time sheets and progress sheets about the clients that they have to fill out and submit every month, so I usually just help my mentor fill out those. When I'm there there's always a handful of employees and they are constantly telling me stories about their clients (without revealing names of course) or crazy things they've encountered (one almost got caught in a drive by in South Central when going to visit a client.) They keep it entertaining.

5.   Email your house teacher the name of your contact and their phone number confirming who they should call to verify it.  
Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment