Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Content:
LIA Response to blog:
    Literal
·     Log of specific hours with a total and a description of your duties updated on the right hand side of your blog
Okay.
·     Contact Name and Mentorship Place
Isabel Godoy, Soledad Enrichment Action.
 
    Interpretive
     What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
The most important thing I gained from this experience is the opportunity to put myself in the shoes of a counselor and experience firsthand what it takes and how much effort you have to put into improving someone else's life. Although I don't plan on majoring in Psychology, this project has opened the door to me having future connections and experience/knowledge about a topic that is worth going into, if I ever change my mind.
   Applied
     How has what you’ve done helped you to answer your EQ?  Please explain.
This helped me answer my EQ because I got to work with a lot of different counselors that have dealt with a lot of different clients and I was able to listen to their feedback and take advice from them and interpret it into a way that fit my essential question. All these counselors deal specifically with adolescents, which was a plus, because it made it evident how this problem is so huge yet unnoticed amongst young adults. Not only was I able to get insight from my mentor, but I was also able to get insight from her coworkers, which helped a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment